What's it all about?

Lessons on living a rhythmic life.
Go with the flow of nature, from the turning of the seasons to your menstrual cycles.
Practical household tips for spiritual people;
because balance is good, messes get old, and we aren't all Susie Homemaker Perfect.

Welcome

Please read this first if you are new to the blog!

The Single Most Important Change you can make in order to change your life for the better. This is an absolute Must-Read for anyone who wants a better life, or to make permanent changes in their habits.

Podcasts are up!

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Up and Running!

Welcome to Livin' the Rhythm!

Just to tell you a bit more about me, I live in Stratham, NH with my husband John, daughter Kira, and my cat, Kitty.

I will be including some spiritual aspects in the blog, so I thought I'd just let you know ahead of time that I follow the Toa as translated by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer in Living the Wisdom of the Tao: The Complete Tao Te Ching and Affirmations
.

Now, on to the important stuff. I'm not Susie Homemaker. My house isn't perfect. So when you read, you'll know where I'm coming from.

So why am I posting all of this? Because even though my house isn't perfect, it works for me and my family. It's not squalor, and it doesn't have that "pleasantly lived in [by a slob]" look. It's reasonably clean, somewhat tidy, but very workable.

And that's what I'm passing on to you. Getting a household that works, shooting for the possible. I'm not particularly wealthy, so I won't be offering you solutions that will have a huge price tag.

I'm coming from "been there, done that, here's what helped me" perspective. And getting a household that WORKS versus shooting for a household that's perfect, is what this is all about. Because let's face it, shooting for perfect is a recipe for giving up.

So let's make your household workable. Let's make it comfortable. Even if it's not Martha Stewart's mansion, it can be a place where you can live without feeling like it's closing in on you. My home is humble, but I still have to live in it. I'd rather be able to live comfortably in it, wouldn't you?

I believe that the main ingredient we women are missing in making our households function better is that we try to live against, or in spite of, the natural cycles of life. I'd like to see more women honor and live with the cycles of life. Be they menstrual cycles, life cycles, seasonal cycles, or even simple daily cycles.

That's the heart of this blog. Empowering women to live with their cycles, to live with their natural strengths, and honor and enjoy them.

Isn't it about time?


~ Livin' the Rhythm with Kimberly Weston

No comments:

Post a Comment